Well, I’m getting ready for my Vegas jaunt here and finished a re-root to bring with me. I’d like to get some more done but also have commissions to work on at the same time. This is Good Night Cherry re-rooted in Cognac Katsilk. She’s still so sweet as the original Good Night Cherry. I also painted her lips because the baby pink lips didn’t quite go with the reddish hair.
So I was surfing eBay Saturday and by some stroke of luck someone just listed a brunette Kenner Blythe with a BIN of $400 which I think, other than running accross one at a garage sale for 2 bucks, is supposed to be a pretty good deal. I snatched it as fast as I could and can only hope for the best as far as the condition not being too too horrible. Her body looked to be in good shape but her face has yellowing and she has no pull string so I don’t know if everything works as it should. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that she’s in easily restorable condition. Although I seen worse be restored amazingly beautiful so hopefully she’ll be one of those wonderful afters soon. My main concern is the yellowing skin. I hope it can be sanded off and isn’t too deep into the plastic. Keeping my fingers crossed…
But of course, since I took that plunge,(although it wasn’t too horrible of a plunge,) I have to sell off some other dolls to make up for it. I ended up selling my beloved hazy wind orange re-root that I made to look like BT06 black. She hasn’t been getting a lot of attention and I almost sold her in the past when people approached me about her. A really nice fellow momoko enthusiast I’ve had the pleasure of dealing with before bought her. So, she’ll be off to her new home shortly. I’ll miss her but my collection is a little past my saturation point of interest. It’s like with my kid’s toys, if there are too many that are out they don’t play with any because it’s too overwhelming. That’s what my momoko collection has turned to. And if I’m not careful, my Blythe collection may follow.
Off to get some dolly work done! Bye for now 🙂