There’s lots to catch up on since it’s been a while since I’ve updated. In between then I completed four customs. One of which is this Rainy Day Parade above. The customer was looking for a melancholy goth girl and RDP is a great base for that with her jet black hair. I also made her dress from the “All Spruced Up” dress pattern at Puchi Collective. It was my first dress with sleeves and a collar. Being the novice sewer that I am I got stuck on the sleeves. I had no idea how to attach them and spent an entire evening trying to figure out how it was supposed to go together. After some trial and error I finally figured it out but went ahead and left the first dress as the practice dress and made another one for this doll. There were some happy accidents along the way and I think I’ll have to make more dresses so I can get the hang of the sleeves and collar. I think mom will be impressed but I won’t let her look at the stitching or anything like that 😉
Again, I obsessed over my Lati face-up and ended up redoing her eye-brows. Now she’s done. I will leaver her alone and focus on making her some more clothes. That and some clothes for 2 more Latis– Lumi and a Cat Coco. They probably won’t arrive till the end of April. Gah, the wait!
And finally I did a different doll for a re-root. One of the new Dynamite Girls- Aria. She’s been given and razor cut with my new razor cutting tool that was suggested to me by a hairdresser. I loved using it and it was so easy to get this nice look that’s modeled after an Ashlee Simpson hairdo the customer referenced me to.
For the other two customs I did recently, check out my flickr site for those pictures.
Have a great weekend!